Molenbeek Saint-Jean (Brussels)
Passive Police Station for the zone Brussels-West
The police station of the zone Brussels-West won the ExemplaryBuilding Award 2013 from Brussels Environment and the Energy & Temperate Climates Award of the 2019 Green Solutions Awards
The project covers a total surface area of 5,120 m² and concerns the construction of the new judicial building of the police zone Brussels-West, including:
- individual cells and a collective cell,
- premises for hearings and image analysis equipped with the latest technologies,
- a canteen,
- an infirmary.
The building, spread on 7 floors (including 2 basements), meets the passive energy standard and is an example not only from a technical point of view, but also in terms of sustainable development and biodiversity preservation:
- heat and rainwater recovery systems,
- photovoltaic panels,
- advanced insulation (triple glazing ),
- green roofs,
- smart lighting.
- Technical building services
- Work supervision