Institute of Fats
The project involved the construction of two buildings for the Institute of Fats (IG), a Food Service and Technology research centre of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
The Institute of Fats was founded in 1947 to develop and improve industry sectors related to fats.
Construction of a Research and Teaching building with a total floor area of 12,245 m², having four floors above and two floors below ground:
- administrative offices and laboratories on the ground floor (3,065 m²),
- laboratories, a research infrastructure unit, rooms, offices and kitchen-dining room on the first floor (3,062 m²),
- laboratories, a molecular biology unit, rooms and offices on the second floor (3,064 m²).
- laboratories, a research infrastructure unit, a molecular biology unit, rooms and offices on the third floor (3,053 m²),
- general services of the building, equipment and some shared common services and laboratories on the semi-basement floor (3,356 m²),
- parking lots for exclusive use of centre’s users on the basement floor (3,062 m²).
Construction of a two-storey pilot plant on the North with a total floor area of 3,480 m² divided as follows:
- the experimental oil mill, a protein mill, biotechnology, gas extraction, post-harvest and spill treatment on the ground floor (2,671 m²),
- several laboratories and offices on the first floor (809 m²).
- Preliminary Design
- Detailed Design
- Supervision of works