El Salvador Hospital
Construction of a new public hospital with a capacity of 641 beds
The complex is divided into 3 main functional areas:
- the El Salvador Hospital including areas for the hospitalizations and intensive care units, the surgery pavilions and the emergency unit,
- the General Polyclinic Module including outpatients consultations, procedures, physical medicine, medical imaging services and the mental health unit,
- the National Institute of Geriatrics with its own area of hospitalizations, consultations and physical medicine
The new site covers a total area of about 170,000 m² and will benefit a population of approximately 500,0000 people.
Diverse strategies have been adopted for the design of the hospital facilities in order to reduce seismic vulnerability.
- Preliminary and detailed design
- Study of the structural seismic isolation system
- Construction supervision