Brussels South Charleroi Airport
Brussels South Charleroi airport extended its runway by 650m to allow long-haul flights
The works covered by the contract concerned:
- the extension of the existing 2,550 meter long runway of the airport to 3,200 meters,
- the construction of a new storm basin aimed at collecting surface runoff water from the extended runway.
This involved many operations:
- removal and treatment of contaminated soil,
- soil consolidation (inclusions, gravel compacted columns, etc.),
- improvement of water drainage on the site,
- treatment, reinforcement (geotextile) and backfilling of soil of up to 7 meters thickness,
- construction of hydrant pits and airport roads (runway, ramps, de-icing area).
Civil engineering services:
- preliminary design and detailed engineering design,
- tender file,
- assessment of tenders,
- execution file,
- assistance to construction management,
- assistance to the provisional acceptance.