Beira’s Stormwater Drainage System
The rehabilitation of Beira’s Stormwater Drainage System: an ambitious project covering a total area of 70 km²
- the rehabilitation and relining of about 17 km of the primary channel of the Beira’s drainage system,
- the installation of flood control stations,
- the construction of a large water retention basin with a capacity of 170,000 m³,
- the refurbishment of the secondary drainage canals.
The project is part of the Mozambique Cities and Climate Change Project financed by IDA resources.
- Feasibility study
- Detailed design and works supervision
- Post-construction phase: creation of the Beira Drainage System Department - technical assistance to the commissioning, operation and sustainable maintenance of the system