The study of Environmental Impacts included: (1) the study of characterization of the reference situation of the area of influence of the project; (2) the assessment of the impacts resulting from its implementation; and (3) the definition of the measures to minimize the negative impacts, to the stages of construction, operation and decommissioning/conversion of the operation.
The Solar Thermal Central of Tavira involves the installation of 69 336 m2 of mirrors of the CLFR – Compact Linear Fresnel Reflector type, and works an average of 2442 h/year to the nominal power, with an average annual production of 12.7 GWh electricity. It also foresees the use of a steam turbine for saturated steam at temperatures around 250 ° C, a relatively low value from the point of view of solar collectors, which allows the CLFR technology.
General characteristics of central
- Power peak: 7.0 MWe
- Nominal power: 5.2 MWe
- Area collectors (mirrors): 69 336 m²
- Land area used: 100 000 m²
Overall dimensions of the collectors system structures
- 8 rows of mirrors / reflectors, each piping / absorber;
- Each line has 10 rows of mirrors / reflectors;
- Long lines have a length of 386 m;
- The width of each row of mirrors is 29 m;
- The pipes -absorber are at a height of 15 m;
- Mirrors and circular structure of support of the same have a height of about 2.5 m.