Technical assistance to the detailed design and supervision of the construction works for the new terminal building of Barcelona Airport
Construction of a new terminal building between the runways for a total capacity of 55 M pax. The project also includes access roads and railway lines, parking lots, power stations and waste collection facilities, along with all the necessary equipment and interior and exterior design.
Main features of the project:
- Terminal building (processor and resources) in order to double the airport capacity to 40 million passengers.
- Access roads: a new shortcut road to the southern terminal, direct access to the freight area and connections to the different terminal areas.
- Parking lot: 7,500 parking spaces on the first floor and 1,900 parking spaces on the ground floor.
- Railway infrastructure.
The building has the following floors:
- Platforms (under the technical basement), height: -10.25
- Technical basement, height: -1
- Lower floor (it hosts the railway vestibule), height: +4.20
- Main floor, height: +9.40
- Intermediate floor, height: +13.40
- Upper floor, height: +17.54
Total building area: 523,400 m².
Total value of construction works: USD 1,265,509,985