Supervision of the feasibility study of Agua Negra Tunnel, a twin-tube tunnel between Argentina and Chile, 14 km long.
It is a twin-tube road tunnel (with two one-way lanes per tube). It has a length of 14 km and connects Chile with Argentina. The terrain altitude is 4,000 m high. The main features of the tunnel are:
- Transverse and longitudinal ventilation (with jet fans). Pressurized cross-passages
- High-voltage electrical substations at the tunnel portals
- Medium-voltage inside substations
- CCTV and DAI systems.
- Variable message boards
- Fire detection and extinguishing systems (water and gas)
- IP Telephony, SOS posts and intercom
- Radio system
- PLC and SCADA control systems
- Gigabit Ethernet communications system (ring network)
- Poisonous gas detection
- Control centers at the tunnel portals, technical facilities, etc.