Project management and supervision of the construction works for the North-Northwest high speed corridor. Axe: Orense - Santiago. Section: Orense - Lalín. Section length: 42 km, including viaducts and tunnels.
Construction of a 42 km railway line that consists in a double-track line, with international gauge and a design speed of 350 km/h, electrified at 2×25 Kv and with an axle load of 22.5 tons. The alignment parameters are: 2.5% of maximum gradient and 7,500 m of minimum curve radius. The complex orography of the area and the abundant rainfall conditions required the design of considerable earthworks (about 10 million m3) and the construction of large structures, viaducts and tunnels, with an excavation area ranging from 85 to 120 m2, as 56% of the line runs across free-standing elements.
The detailed design and addenda include all works required for the execution of the railway line, such as earthworks, drainage works, structures and tunnels, relocation of affected utilities and accesses to ensure line connections.
The works included the following viaducts:
- Viaduct at Ourense branch line: 100.35 m long, with 4 arch spans of 20+2×30+20;
- Viaduct at km +220: 30 m long, with 30 arch spans;
- Viaduct over River Portos: 756 m long, with 16 arch spans of 33+3×45+11×50+38;
- Viaduct over River Formigueiro: 30 m long, with 30 arch spans;
- Viaducto over Valle: 446 m long, with 11 arch spans of 34+9×43+35;
- Viaduct over River Barbantiño: 1,176 m long, with 18 arch spans of 52+16×67+52;
- Viaduct over Zamora – A Coruña railway line: 566 m long, with 12 arch spans of 38+10×49+38;
- Viaduct over Garabanes Stream: 106 m long, with 4 arch spans of 16+2×30+30;
- Viaduct over road OU-504: 51 m long, with 3 arch spans of 16+19+16;
- Viaduct over River Arenteiro: 1,444 m long, with 22 arch spans of 52+20×67+52;
- Viaduct over River Pedriña: 42 m long, with 42 arch spans;
- Marnotes Viaduct: 651 m long, with 13 arch spans of 41+55+4×51+55+5×51+41;
- Viaduct over River Viñao: 1,357 m, with 27 arch spans of 41+25×51+41;
- Viaduct 1: 285 m long, with 7 arch spans of 32,5+5×44+32,5;
- Viaduct 2: 197 m long, with 5 arch spans of 32,5+3×44+32,5;
- Viaduct over River Abeleda: 368 m long, with 7 arch spans of 49+5×55+44;
- Viaduct over River Deza: 913 m long, with 17 arch spans of 44+15×55+44;
- Viaduct 5: 60 m long, with 2 arch spans of 30 m;
- Viaduct over River Riadigos: 253 m long, with 5 arch spans of 44+3×55+44;
- Viaduct over River Portos: 858 m long, with 16 arch spans of 44+14×55+44.