Drinking water supply in the city of Yopougon
The project is cofinanced by the Funds of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries for International expansion (OPECI), the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) which the executive is IDB and the Republic of the Ivory Coast. The aim is to cure the insufficiencies of the water provision of this zone.
The project includes 7 components:
- creation of 12 large-diameter boreholes,
- implementation of access roads to drill sites and wellfields (new and old),
- hydraulic and electrical equipment of the 12 boreholes,
- power supply of the new wellfield,
- construction on the Niangon 2 site of a second drinking water treatment plant of 2,000 m³ / h, a second above ground tank of 10,000 m³ and accommodation for the operational agent,
- reinforcement of the drinking water distribution network in the municipality of Yopougon,
- realization of the discharge pipe to carry the water from the boreholes to the treatment plants.