Construction of a new 768-cell prison
The construction of the 36,400 sqm prison is foreseen for 768 cells. It comprises 11 buildings. It’s the French most important penitentiary construction project:
- 4 detention houses (women/men),
- 2 central buildings providing accommodation and consisting of workshops and gymnasium,
- 1 semi-custodial quarter,
- 1 administrative building,
- 1 families’ reception building,
- 1 building – main entrance door.
The large complex is entirely enclosed by a perimeter wall and anti-helicopter kevlar cables; surrounding parking and landscaping.