Within the context of ecozoning, SPI wanted to assess the opportunity to install a combined heat and power generation unit in the Hermalle sous Huy/Engis business zone.
The main consumers would be the companies Knauf, Carmeuse, Prayon, Hydrométal, Revatech and Recyfuel.
The task of TPF-Utilities is twofold:
- To conduct a study that aims to explore the opportunities to install a combined heat and power generation unit. The study includes:
- evaluation of the heat requirement;
- evaluation of the electricity requirement;
- dimensioning the combined heat and power generation unit;
- dimensioning and installation of a heating distribution network
- dimensioning of an electricity distribution network
- financial estimate of the investment;
- financial estimate of operating costs.
- To evaluate the structure needed for the distribution of the energy produced to the beneficiaries in line with regulatory aspects currently in force or introduced in future.