The rupture of Samarco's dam, on November 2015, in the sub-district of Bento Rodrigues, near the historical city of Mariana, caused profound changes in the landscape and life of local residents. Synergia has been leading since May 2016 the social work on the 41 municipalities affected between Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo.
In this project, Synergia performs: socioeconomic registration of families directly affected along Doce River, in the states of Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo; inventory of goods and equity assessment, in order to measure material damages to the population; delivery of forms to the families; preparation of eligibility opinions, among other measures.
To conduct the services, Synergia has assembled 3 offices (in addition to that already assembled in Mariana, due to the other project) and has mobilized around 300 employees. The complex database constructed to store and handle information is embedded in a Synergia’s proprietary IT platform (SIS – Socio-environmental intelligence System that allows for the handling of big data collections, primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative, in a georeferenced and synchronizable with digital data collection devices (tablets).
- Preparation of Socioeconomic Registrations in all the other municipalities affected by the rupture of Fundão dam, in the states of Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo;
- Preparation of Equity, Agricultural and Economic and Financial Reports;
- Delivery of forms to the families;
- Preparation of eligibility opinions of the affected families;
- Maintenance of the Communication Center for adjustments requested by families in the registrations;
- Integrated control.