PAYMACOTAS - Technical assistance to the project management for the expansion of the wastewater treatment plant in South Albufera. Urgent action approved by Organic Law 11/2005
Technical assistance to the project management including consulting services and supervision of the commissioning and operation of the works during the warranty period.
Main features of the construction works:
Expansion of South Albufera WWTP, including:
- Tertiary treatment: it involves physical and chemical processes, decantation and sand filters
- Tertiary treatment facilities
- Agricultural reservoir
- Two pressure pipelines, with centrifuged polyester pipes (PN 10, 800 mm Ø)
- A Green Filter
The expansion of South Albufera WWTP (tertiary treatment) has a treatment capacity of 1,417 m3/hour (34,008 m3/day).
- Wastewater pipe network
- Wastewater treatment station
- Re-use of effluents to irrigate citrus and horticultural crops as well as rice fields.
- Improvements to the quality and quantity of water supply to the Albufera and surrounding marsh.
- The final objective is to provide sufficient clean water flow as there was in the 60s.
- Beneficiary population: 199,000 inhabitants.
- BOD5: Input 30 mg/l Output < 25 mg/l
- Suspended solids: Input 300 mg/l Output 35 mg/l
- Sludge drying: <25%