The building which houses the state’s Chamber of Deputies, originally known as the Paço da Assembleia, was opened in 1876 and had its name changed to Joaquim Nabuco Palace in 1948.

One of Recife’s outstanding landmarks, the cross-shaped structure is supported by 36 Dorian-Roman style pillars and its impressive golden vault makes the building stand out from the city’s landscape. To meet the functional demands of the 21st century, TPF ENGENHARIA (former Projetec) was involved in the restauration and expansion of the building, being in charge of the management and inspection activities.

Project Dates

2012 – 2015