The Gouvães Hydropower scheme, included in the global contract for the conception and design of the “Alto Tâmega, Daivões, Gouvães and Padroselos Hydropower Schemes”, has a rockfill dam on Torno river, with 35,5 m maximum height above foundation and 319 m long at crest.
The Gouvães Hydropower scheme comprises:
- Rockfill dam on Torno river, with 35,5 m maximum height above foundation and 319 m long at crest;
- Uncontrolled open channel spillway at the left abutment of the dam, designed for a maximum discharge of 67 m³/s;
- Water intake and hydraulic circuits;
- An underground powerhouse equipped with 3 reversible groups, each group with 220 MW and a maximum flow rate of 36,67 m³/s, includes a cave attached to the transformers, an access tunnel, an emergency pool and several attack and linking galleries;
- Recognition and access tunnel to the cave of the hydroelectric plant, with current section span of 8,0m and a variable height of 8 to 10;
- A restitution gallery with 190m in length and an interior circular section of Φ 6.0 m.