The objective of the project is to extend and renovate Montecelo Hospital to transform it into one of the most-state-of-the-art hospitals in the region.
The services provided by Pontevedra’s Provincial Hospital will be transferred to Montecelo Hospital. Montecelo Hospital must accordingly undergo a major expansion and renovation to amalgamate all the services into one hospital centre. The project comprises the construction of a new adjoining building, together with the renovation and extension of the existing facilities. The project also seeks to improve operational efficiency and medical services.
Main project features:
- Surface area: hospital facility of 115,179 m2 + 26,587 m2 of landscaped grounds (54,315 m2 of extension, 18,658 m2 of renovation, 550 m2 for the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), 41,656 m2 of underground car park divided into 4 levels).
- Bed capacity: 627
- Number of storeys: the existing building is 11 storeys high (1 storey below ground + ground floor + 9), the new building will feature 6 storeys (3 below ground and 3 above ground)
The new hospital provides:
- Capacity increase from 301 to 627 beds.
- Increase in the number of outpatient consulting suites from 63 to 150.
- Other services include: a dialysis unit (27 stations), day hospital (22 beds), haematology/oncology day hospital (46 beds), day surgery unit (30 spaces), emergency area, surgical block (18 operating rooms), obstetric unit comprising 7 suites (labour, delivery and postpartum (LDRP) rooms,) diagnostic imaging unit and nuclear medicine, kitchen, sterilisation unit, pharmacy, administration department, changing rooms.