In 2011, the group Inex nv, producer and distributor of fresh diary products, comprising Inex, Inexco and Finelac, launched a tender for the realisation of specifications with the aim of selecting an electricity supplier for 4 production sites. The total annual electricity consumption was 22 GWh.
In addition to the purchase of electricity, the specifications also related to the purchase of natural gas for an overall annual consumption of 47 GWh.
This assignment took place following two studies (relating only to electricity) conducted successfully for the same client in 2006 and 2009.
The task entrusted to TPF-Utilities was focused according to 6 phases:
- Study of the buying strategy.
- Risk analysis.
- Drafting of specifications according to the risk analysis conducted
- Analysis of offers according to the strategy defined.
- Negotiation with the various tenderers.
- Follow up through to final purchase of energy.