GETINSA - Technical assistance services for the upgrading of railway infrastructure in Mezdra – Gorna Oryahovitsa section (Sofia), including 26 bridges - Section length 122 km
The project is divided into three stages:
- Feasibility study
- Detailed preliminary design
- Preparation of tendering documents
The design involved the upgrading of 122 km of electrified double-track line, including the following: civil works, track, electrification and signaling and telecommunication systems.
The line is intended for mixed traffic (freight and passengers) with a maximum design speed of 160 km/h.
Railway equipment: double-track on ballast with mono-block concrete sleepers and standard gauge (UIC-60 rail), long welded rail with flexible fastening (SKL-1).
Civil works, track and catenary for two sections of the railway line:
- 117 km of electrified double-track line (sections 1 and 2) and 5 km of electrified single-track line (section 3)
- Design speeds: 130 km/h (section 1), 160 km/h (section 2) and 40 km/h (section 3)
- Current commercial speed: 80 km/h (section 1), 120 km/h (section 2) and 40 km/h (section 3)
- 26 bridges
- 11 level crossings to be removed.
- Partial upgrading of the catenary.
- Complete upgrading of the track.
- Improvements to the stations.
- Upgrading of the track surface at Gorna Oryahovitsa and Tcherven Bryag stations.
- Construction of branch lines at Tcherven Bryag and Humata stations.
Signaling and telecommunications systems:
- Interlocking at Gorna Oryahovitsa and Tcherven Bryag stations.
- Fiber optic cable across the whole line (206 km)
- Adjustments to the Equipment Offices of 22 stations.
- Adjustments to the PABX (5 units)
- Facilities must comply with ETCS Level 1.
- Installation of equipment compatible with GSM-R (with the relevant interfaces)
- Preparation of the technical specifications in accordance with FIDIC and Bulgarian regulations.
- Design of the lighting system for the stations (it is not specified if it must be designed for the two above-mentioned stations or for all the stations across the line).