Program for the development of a light rail in Bursa
The services included in the contract were:
- Development of an Action Plan in order to consolidate the public bus fleet by incorporating 30 buses that depended on the local council into Burulas bus service division, taking into account logistical, administrative and labor factors as well as staff modifications.
- Development of a Maintenance Plan including methods, monitoring systems, required staff, necessary equipment, etc. Maintenance will be carried out by two different divisions (infrastructure and rolling stock)
- Development of an Expansion Plan regarding e-ticketing systems that will cover public transport systems and Park & Ride facilities. This plan must include a Marketing Plan.
- Revision and improvement of the Public Service Contract, which regulates the relationships between Burulas and Bursa Local Council.
- Development of a Business Plan (2012-2016) to set up the company’s goals and how to meet them (scope of services, organization and staff, investment plan, environmental and social action plan, financial projections…)
- The Business Plan must include a number of annual measurable objectives: number of passengers, revenues from passengers, volume of service (trip x km), reliability of the service, investment plan and implementation of the objectives.